Wednesday, August 2, 2017

One of my own....................


It's not often I finish one of my own quilts so I thought you might like to join me in celebration by reading this post about my recent finish. Started back in 2015.......................


That was my flimsy, so somewhat finished right? Well it sat tucked away with the label and pieced backing fabric until that magic day when I had time to quilt it in between paid quilting! A couple of weekends back I decided it was time to get this quilt really finished.


The Country Yard (where I used to work) often has mystery projects this was one such project. Those who participated were given a set of rules and a piece of fabric that had to be used in each 'round'. That piece of fabric was a tapemeasure print fabric by Sweetwater called 'Elementary'. I thought my stash of Kansas Troubles worked well together.



This was labour intensive quilting but I am really pleased with my efforts. I used two layers of batting which I have been wanting to try after reading time after time that my quilting idols in USA have been using so often. The results are pleasing, some extra texture...........and I love texture! Warm and Natural Cotton and Matilda's Own Wool batting as the top layer.


I decided to piece a backing starting with a panel then some other fabrics that worked in with the panel.


I made a flange binding which helps frame my quilt off nicely. So is my personal pile of quilts at zero? No! Will it ever be?............................


I am linking up with Linda and Julie for "Sew-Stitch-Snap-Share". If you want see the post I did about The Country Yard's sample of this medallion you can click *here* also if you fancy reading my progress from the start of my quilt click *here* and *here*. Thank you to Linda and Julie for the gentle push along by creating a fun link up.

Please keep popping back to my blog and also my Facebook and Instagram pages as I have some really fabulous quilts to share in the coming weeks and months, some I have to keep secret for what feels like a life time! There are some amazing quilt makers out there.




13 comments:

  1. Your quilt has so much texture, and some of the detail just POPS, which I guess is a result of double batting. What sort of batting did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Leeanne, that is a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness Leeanne - what a stunning quilt! Your quilting on this is awesome, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice to occasionally do one of your own? That looks superb. Is there something in the air? I'm doing one of my own just now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely Leeanne. I had fun spotting the tape measure fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--your quilting really brought this quilt to life! Your creative quilting always leaves me in awe. Do you ever struggle with how to quilt something, or do the ideas just tumble over one another, waiting to be stitched?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some wonderful quilting! Looks like you had fun doin ghtis! I too wonder how you decide just what to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and thanks for linking up to 'sew stitch snap SHARE' :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful stunning quilt Leeanne ... love those cotton reels !!! Just beautiful how you have quilted it over all. It sure has bought it to life. I shall join you in your celebrations .. I have some chocolate ready !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Leeanne! Love the wee flange also. Hmm mine is somewhere will have to finish it(sometime). xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So much work! Wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is gorgeous. But the quilting is amazing amazing. What incredible custom quilting. Now wonder you have so many customers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful !!! Your quilting brings it to life Leeanne. Love it.

    ReplyDelete