Thursday, November 3, 2016

Fabulous Friday.....................


Happy Fabulous Friday.............oh no wait it's still Thursday here in New Zealand! Haha, for a moment there I thought it was Friday! I think it's because I have two lovely quilts by the same design and name, "Fabulous Friday".............lets just blame it on the quilts and not my mind!
First up is Esme's Fabulous Friday quilt, designed by Raewyn for a mystery sew-along at the local quilt shop we both work at: The Country Yard.


Esme decided this was good quilt to pull out all her treasured fabrics and use some of them up. She asked for very simple quilting, straight lines mainly. But butterfly's need antenna don't they?







A photo of the back?


Thank you Esme, enjoy your quilt.

Next the same quilt but different, this time made by Noeline. Noeline also gave me a brief of simple quilting but as I have already quilted several other quilts for her in the past, I have bit of feel for what she likes, so Noeline got not just straight lines but some curvy ones too! Spot all the differences.........


Apart from a feature fabric for their borders and a few fat 1/8ths everyone's fabrics were different. Noeline is very fond of hand embroidery so any blank area was creatively embellished with her lovely stitching.




 There are those butterfly antenna................ see the difference in the flowers?




Noeline's border was treated to some swirls and a connecting feather.



Not to forget a photo of the back................................


Thank you Noeline, I am looking forward to seeing that fancy binding when you have completed it.

I do have another Fabulous Friday waiting in the quilting pile, so please come back to see how I quilt that one too.

This week when I popped out to the garden to water some plants I spotted 'the supervisor' filling his familiar roll........................King Sleeper! This a is photo of me outside our garage window looking in at him in his blanket filled box palace!
























2 comments:

  1. Gosh I thought i had my days mixed up when I first started reading this post!!! Some rather fabulous quilts there Leeanne ... love them both actually. Great to see the Supervisor still leading his stressful life !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always interesting to see two different quilting techniques on the same quilt. And though the first one is mostly straight lines, I must say you get very creative with your straight lines!! : )

    ReplyDelete